Recently I saw a web page that lists "the world's 10 best cities to live in", mostly pictures, not much text. Whatever characteristics were the basis for that selection, I noticed half of those cities were in Australia.
During the weekend, jokingly, I mentioned that to my wife and suggested we should move there. Nice new place and culture, and we don't really have to learn a new language - what can be better? She said something along the lines of "no way, I can't think of moving even to a different state!" Then I asked my daughter whether we should move to Australia, expecting her adventurous spirit would make her excited about it. She said plainly: "no". Then I pretended to be disappointed and said that whatever the men decide - will be the decision in our family. Thus, I asked my son whether we should move to Australia, and he said "no". Why? "Because I want to finish my elementary school where I am now." Ok, I said, we can wait a bit and then move. And he said: "no, we're not moving anyway".
That's how I'm loved in my family and how much respect my thoughts receive. We all had a good laugh. :)
(from "A photo a day")

Feel free to come to Australia any time. We are friendly here :)
ReplyDeleteI'll make efforts to drag my family over the oceans. :)
ReplyDeleteHow did you come across my blog?
Via Romanos' blog. You left a comment there (he is my internet buddy) :)
ReplyDelete