Monday, May 2, 2011

man killed

I realize I may be wrong here, but today's news kept me thinking... why such rejoicing over someone's death? Whoever and however bad he is/was, this just doesn't sound right.

Violence in response to violence - will it really bring peace? or just more violence? I'm pretty sure in the latter, and especially with Muslim extremists in the equation. Someone said: "an eye for an eye" will only result in a world full of blind people. But then, this is no simple situation... can't just keep giving people like him the other cheek and watch him kill more neighbors.

Yet, Christ came to save sinners, like me and Osama. Or that man whom Christ judged to enter Paradise with Him.

Poor guy... look at young Osama, what a hell he created for himself - what joy he could have had instead!

(from BBC News)

3 comments:

  1. Sasha, beloved brother, no, I hadn't seen this post of yours yet when I wrote mine this morning. We seem to be in the same room, you and I. And how could we not be? He is in our midst, and where the Master is, there will His disciples be also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I am too American: but I am not fooled by his smiling face or his youth. I remember how he smiled over his 'success' in bombing America. He never repented, Sasha: unlike the thief on the cross and unlike Paul and unlike you. I appreciate your humility; but he lived in evil and in comfort. He rejected Christ; not ignorantly but knowingly. Maybe if his computer material is released, we will learn more....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, he probably never repented, and lived in evil and in comfort. At least that's what mass media told us. (It's not that I doubt it much, but I read/listen to mass media with great suspicion; there might be no factual bin Laden after all - and we'd never (almost never) know.) But that's exactly what I'm sad about. And his smile doesn't fool me either, I just think how different his life could be - and I feel pity for him.
    Of course, I might feel very different if I "lost" someone dear due to his attacks. This is very complicated topic...

    P.S. And that is, by the way, one of the reasons why I took quite some time to reply. Another reason is that I was, as you know, on vacation, and then catching up on the many projects on my list. Please forgive my delay. :)

    ReplyDelete