Monday, March 28, 2011

rejection

It is very worrying to me: to see someone fighting against the life events as they come, saying with words and actions: “I don’t want this!” Can’t judge that person of course, but such rejection terrifies me. I believe it’s a lot worse situation than most other sins, if not all. Even when falling into as serious as adultery, the person would feel regret for doing so quickly after the act. But rejecting His will (incarnate in the events and circumstances) puts one into the position where repentance is not possible and His helping hand is automatically rejected. In such situation what’s left is only waiting it out and praying about the person to change the attitude.

3 comments:

  1. Insightful thought. I hadn't really considered the gravity of such an attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have stated briefly but completely the nature of what is possibly the worst of all sins. Yet we fall into this moment by moment, instead of accepting gladly from His hand what He gives, with thanks, and with our "Yes". And why? Is it because we are afraid to take upon us His yoke, which is easy, and His burden, which is light?

    Thanks, brother, for visiting my blog. And I, in beginning to visit yours, find many resonances in common between us, including the hamster.

    Sincerely, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kinds words, too!

    ReplyDelete