Friday, March 25, 2011

people

Lately I've been thinking a lot about different people I have/had known at different stages of my life. They were so good... I think I'm becoming old and sentimental. :)
But people, real people we meet are among the biggest gifts given to us in this life, as well as treasures of the Church.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I am becoming older too, and a little more humble and forebearing toward others. Perhaps, it is because I need less (support, nurture) from people than I did when I was younger. I tend now to remember the 'good' people while the people who caused me so much distress, on the job especially, tend to fade away. I think of them occasionally and say a quick prayer for them and ask God to forgive me for any role that I played in these dysfunctional relationships. Some of the best people I have known, the ones who helped me, I knew only briefly and we never had contact again. But, I am glad they were there, and I believe God sent them to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all people are sent to us by Him. Each moment, each meeting we're presented with a choice - to act as Christians or as is more comfortable.
    But you have a good gift: to remember good and not to remember unpleasant ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree, all people are sent to us. How deeply I regret that I did not have the maturity or spirituality to realize that earlier in my life. I could have been so much more effective in the lives of others--and probably sufferred less myself. I hope this does not sound egotistical, but I underestimated myself and the opportunities that God had given me. All I can do now is to move forward and not repeat the past.

    ReplyDelete