During the sermon last Sunday father John recalled the parable about the vineyard which the Householder gave to people, and when He expected to receive the fruits those people didn’t want to give anything away, as they now thought of the land and the fruits as theirs, and they even killed those whom the Householder sent, including His Son. (Matt. 21, 33-41)
I think, usually that’s understood as an address to the Jews who were a chosen people and didn’t yield the fruit, killed the prophets and the Son of God. But father John brought it into personal context this time: my body is the land given to me temporarily, and at some point I’ll be asked to present the fruits. Keeping that in mind should definitely help making right choices while the body is mine to use. I hope I'll use that help...
Beautiful (and sobering) interpretation! Thanks for sharing the insight.
ReplyDelete