This morning I watched this competition, two amazingly fit, conditioned and quick young men. Even after training for 3 years, I'm still puzzled by how people are able to take such strong hits, especially the knees and elbows. I would probably pass out after the very first attack.
Whew, friend, I can tackle an 11 foot gator, but I get sick when I see human violence. I can't watch movies with even a slight amount of realistic violence in them. I made it to the point where the one fighter knocked the other one down, but couldn't watch any more. Strength and skill to be sure. During the tours I told the story of Nestor fighting Lyaeus. I imagine it was something like this.
ReplyDeleteI would regard violence in the same way, but somehow I see this as a sport and not violence. To me it's a game and demonstration of skill from which I try to learn. I guess, we approach this differently, but that's okay. :)
ReplyDelete