Tuesday, September 21, 2010

children of God

Today the birthday of the Mother of our God is celebrated by the old calendar parishes. We belong to a new calendar parish, so we celebrate Church holidays with the parish. But this day is special for us because our daughter N was baptized on this day, so it is her second birthday, too - and possibly that was the present from the Mother of all Christians.

On Sunday, father John said sermon that really touched me and somewhat corrected my approach to things. I needed some time to comprehend it, that's why I did not write about it earlier. The words I'll express the idea with are not the same he said; this is more of the way I've grasped it:
"Stop thinking of what you could/should be (meaning the ideal of a saint) and remember instead what you are. And you are son (or daughter) of God, and very loved one by the way. So, live correspondingly to that, and you'll be/become what you should be without even thinking about it."

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this is a beautiful day for your family. I wish N many years in our blessed Faith. I like the thoughts from Father John. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete